Jul 19, 2011

List of Epicness

I used to sing and act in musicals in my high school days (so not very long ago at all).  Despite the many speculations that I was homosexual because I had to prance sometimes and wear stage makeup, I quite enjoyed the experiences.  Also, I enjoy watching musicals and listening to their soundtracks, and have settled on a few that I would absolutely love to be in, as well as the character I would want to be (though I did limit myself a little based on how well I might fit the part).
Les Miserables: Enjolras, because after hearing him sing, I would go die by him in a barricade!  (Realistically, I think I might be a better part for his drinking friend, but this is just a dream anyhow.)
Fiddler on the Rood: Perchik, he's got good songs and the lines of a rebel.  Though for a second choice, I would gladly play the Russian who sings the solo in "To Life".
Wicked: Boq.  Poooooooor Boq.  I would definitely be a good actor for Boq.
Phantom of the Opera: I don't think I could pull off the phantom (awesome as that would be) and I certainly wouldn't want to be Raoul, but I think I would enjoy playing Andre or Firmin (the managers).
Bye Bye Birdie: This is a rather light-hearted show which I would crave the lead role of Albert (again, as I did this show in High School s Albert).  His songs are good and he's a semi-crazed person which I think I could act as pretty well.  (Might not even have to act)
Sweeney Todd:  Don't get me wrong, this show isn't my favorite as I'm not a fan of the carnage and ideals (and I sorta distrust anyone who is a fan of the ideals) but the music is such that I think I would like to play Anthony.  He's one of the only male characters who doesn't die or assist in murder.  I guess I might also like playing the simple Toby.

I would, however, trade any of these roles for a steady part in the Doctor Who TV series.  Undoubtedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!