Sep 30, 2011

Side effects may include

I never realized this until now!  Depression (which sucks through and through) can have a positive side effect!
Let's say your deep in a depressed funk, because that happens, and you are trying to do something you're not very good at.  Like a homework assignment in a class you are struggling with.
So your trying this and that and getting mad at yourself because that's what happens to depressed people do, when all of a sudden
EUREKA
You've not only suddenly understood what you were doing wrong the whole time, but you now know how to do it right!  Not only that, but it turns out that it was hard for everybody and you were one of the FIRST to get it right.
Your mood soars from a -4 or -5 to a high 8 or 9.

THE EFFECT IS ALMOST THE SAME AS HEROIN, BUT WITHOUT THE BAD PARTS OF HEROIN.
Now if this was figured out by a not-depressed person, they would probably say, "oh good I got it."  However, by a sad sack (I can refer to it like that because I'm one of them.  So there) it's more like "Oh good I got it, perhaps I'm not a failure!  Oh my, the sky is so blue today!  The birds are singing!" The effect is doubled because they not only get high on life, but they come from lower down.
Woot.
(But I'd still rather not have depression)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!