Sep 13, 2011

Cool breeze

        I love a cool breeze!   But this is a metaphorical breeze.  It's just a feeling of calm that I feel right now.  Very enjoyable.
       So something pretty cool happened yesterday.  It regarded my tap dance class.  You see, for the first couple weeks I was ready to write myself off as too hopelessly uncoordinated to be any good at tap dancing, I was floundering pretty badly.  I was especially worried about yesterday because I hadn't gotten a practice in that I meant to on Saturday.  I figured I would probably crash and burn.

But I didn't!

       Don't get me wrong, I'm not top of the class or anything, but I kept up way better than I thought I would.  I even managed to loosen up my arms a bit (that's a good thing to be able to do if you tap).
       Also, today marks the second time that I've done very well in my ballroom class, not to mention I wasn't the dude left out because there was one more guy than girl (ugh, they should moderate so that doesn't happer).  This is a good thing.

Y'know, I've really been enjoying these two classes...  And today I was considering, just maybe, that I might want to minor in dance...
       I realize I don't have the same advantages as the folks who've had dance classes since they were 4, but I'm catching on pretty well, and I have had experience from a few classes as well as plenty of musical theatre.  Plus, with a minor in ance, I can teach ballroom dance.  This could be a good social output in the future if I do get a career in video editing, which is a bit more lonely (though in truth I like working alone, so it's no big deal).  Balance is nice.

Dancing is fun. (I would just like to say that I didn't get into dancing because of the girls.  Believe me, that's a perk, but not an initiative.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!