Jun 23, 2011

Improvement (another generic title brought to you by...)

      Life here in college is improving indeed!  My roommate's a pretty cool guy, though nearly as quiet as I am (sometimes).  I think I might've made a few friends and I've actually eaten a few meals.  Regarding the food, though, now there's a week long church camp using the campus, which is fine, I have fond memories of it myself from high school.  The only problem is that they clog up the cannon center line (cafeteria) during meals and I either have class to hurry to or I just really don't want to stand in line.  I'm not really that worried about missing meals except that after a few days of it I've noticed I'm getting just a little bit gaunt.  Fortunately I'm figuring out the schedule for the church camp so I'll get my weight back (which wasn't much to start out with honestly).
     On that note, did you know that if you got your body fat percentage down to below, oh, 3% that you would probably starve to death in only a matter of days?  Having a percentage of about... oh 8% (it's different for women and men) is actually healthy, and maybe even a little low.  My own body fat percentage (last time I checked) is maybe 5 or 6 percent, so I better not go for a week long fast or something.
      Here's a few things that I learned were awesome recently:
-Mumford and Sons' song "Dust Bowl Dance":  It's an extremely good song!  A bit of a downer but raw with feeling and has a great rhythm  and everything else.  Gave me goose bumps it did!  It might even trump "Little Lion Man" for me, not sure, they are both very good.  (Though the song "White Blank Page" will always have an effect on me as it was the song I put on repeat following a break-up, but I don't recommend listening to it if your having a wonderful day fully of flowers and such)
-the Firefly Series:  Seriously, this is an amazing scifi western style show.  It's got a dynamic cast and good shows plus a few things which are semi unique to a space show.  First of all, whenever it shows a space scene, there's no sound (except maybe some background music) which makes sense to me because there really wouldn't be sound in space.  Secondly, there aren't any aliens.  Just humans in space (though the reivers are hardly human).  Also it's one of the only space shows that I've seen which doesn't completely ignore religion or make up spooky space religion.   It has a Christian form of religion which isn't totally mocked like it can be in some shows and I admit that I like that.
...
I'm done typing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!