Feb 21, 2011

Believe it

            Spirit gum is a stage makeup accessory that is used to attach things like falser beards, mustaches, or other different appendages to one's face.  It is also absolutely disgusting after a few uses.  The smell of it begins to make you wretch, and your skin gets drier every time.  Regardless of this, I still really enjoy acting.  Why?  Well I decided to ask myself that same question!  'ere's what I've gone and surmised, then!
        I'd be a liar if I said I didn't slightly like the spotlight on me from tie to time.  However, I think acting is a good way to fulfill that little desire, rather than doing dumb things to get attention.  I also like the camaraderie.  Actors (and I mean community theatre actors, never met anyone famous) are an odd bunch.  They aren't afraid to like what they like and are fine with acting like idiots sometimes for entertainment.  I'm all for that since I'm not clean of such nonsense, nor do I ever want to be.  Growing old is mandatory.  Growing up is optional. Yay!
      Also it's cool to be someone else for awhile on stage.  I might be a psychopath or old man or the like while I'm up there, and I'm all for trying new things (most new things, always a few limits).
     Ahh acting....  I'd still be happy if I didn't have to wear makeup though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!