Feb 7, 2011

Baby baby baby, NO!!!

           No Bieber for me thanks.  I'm really not a fan at all.  It's just too... mainstream. 
        Ok, this may be weird, but I like music that is indie, not just for the sound (though I do like the novelty of it, that's another thing I enjoy) but because more often then not these artists are making music to enjoy the making of music and sometimes to be deeper.  They rarely get paid vast sums of cash for their stuff, so many of the artists (Cloud Cult for instance, and probably Arcade Fire, there are more, I'm sure) make their music for actual good reasons then to be catchy and get danced to or have people scream their name because they paid a lot of money to look good nearly naked on stage... (oh Lady Gaga...)
        Now this is an arbitrary choice, I swear, but take Justin Bieber.  So many of his songs were about some unnamed girl and how in love or beautiful yada yada yada... Umm, most of these songs were written before he even had a girlfriend, right?  So who was he singing to?  Oh right, his enslaved female fans, quite possibly to keep them swooning?  Give me a break, and some music about real things, not songs to encourage obsession. 
       And don't get me started on all the hip hop music about sex.  Marketed chiefly to teenagers.  To you artists, I hate your stuff.
 "The exploding people" by Cloud Cult, THERE'S a good song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!