Nov 17, 2010

Music

Music is amazing, not saying I like all of it, that is definitely not true, but that as an element to life, music just plain sticks out. 
As you already know, I like ukeleles (when played in a more modern-like way), and I'm getting a new one soon, possibly next week! But, I certainly have a weird taste in music...
I like:
-Dramatic movie soundtracks (or any orchestrated music like that)
-Indie rock
-Classic rock
-some techno
-Marching band!
-and more
I do not tolerate most mainstream music, not because it's mainstream, but because it is almost always shallow.
The four themes of mainstream music arrrrrrrrrrrrrrre:
A. Sex!
B. Drugs and Money!
C. Passionate love/hate (which CAN be ok, but usually isnt with mainstream artists)
D. The World's on fire (Again, this is usually unspecific and just dull from mainstreamers)

Am I generalizing?  I'm sorry, I know there's more to some of it, but the good ones are so far and rare to find that I'd rather just go indie.
Now, I'm only talking about lyrics here, for music itself, I have put together the perfect band (according to me)  It's Got a Ukulele (duh), a Pipe organ (The best instrument when played modernly, but it has to be the big grand pipe organ, go look up Intervention, by Arcade Fire), Acoustic guitar or two (just not as much of a fan of electric guitars usually), a Cello(s) and viola (Yes please!) Drum set I guess, and a double bass (played or plucked, doesnt matter)...
if you DO find a band with all these, please send me the name and you will win a fabulous prize of some Dehydrated Water!  (You pay shipping)

Jam on!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there!
    Just posting to let you know that I love reading your blog; it always brings a smile to my face! You are very witty. I enjoyed your thoughts on mainstream music very much. Keep writing!
    (:

    ReplyDelete

Fire away!