Apr 10, 2011

Metaphor

      So I flew my kite yesterday... I was alone because all my friends were pretty much busy doing stuff, so I was contentedly soaring on my own.  It wasn't very windy, but it is still possible to get a kite up in the slightest of breezes, though one must be ready to simply have it crash to the ground if the wind dies completely (which doesn't happen very often the higher up you go).  In the end I regret to say that my kite became a permanent resident of a tree, which wasn't climbable and I didn't have a handy ladder around.
        But having all that time to myself made me think about life and how it's like flying a kite.  For instance...
-Sometimes a great windy day comes up and you'll be up and soaring in no time, everything works out

-Sometimes there's less wind and it takes a lot of patience and diligence to get flying, troubles abound

-Occasionally you crash, and have to decide whether to get up again, but you know that it's possible and that you can still fly if you have the will

-There are times when you wish you had more string, so you could go even higher and achieve more

-Sometimes you do have enough string and you're blissfully reaching for the clouds and going as far as you want to

-There can be storms, which make flying a very foolish and dangerous thing to do, it's better to stay on the ground

-You can collide with other kites, and cut their strings accidentally, knowing it won't always be easy to repair

-Or you can soar by those other kites in unison, going with the wind and giving your all

-And every now and then you can get caught in a tree.  Seemingly hopeless and stuck.  Alone with grabbing branches; not knowing if or when you'll be free from the sticking prison.

Well lately I've been stuck in a tree, for the last couple weeks or so.  There's no real root cause for it, just a slow spiral caught me there and I've been stuck and just a little alone.  But I've been holding on pretty well I think, and I sense that a few ladders have been put on the tree to help me out and get me flying again.
I'm ready to lengthen my string.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!