Apr 9, 2011

Free time

I really want to go fly a kite!  I mean seriously, it's been bothering me for awhile, as I've had quite a lot of free time lately (though some has been dedicated to making my Vlog, first post should be up by this week).
I don't even know if I own a kite anywhere, but to me flying a kite is one of the best things possible to do during open time.  And I quite honestly mean that!  I'd rather go fly my possibly existing kite than play Call of Duty (I'm a fan of the older games of that, the WWII ones...)
The only possible reason that I might not go kite flying today (and I will do everything in my means to get a kite) is that there are thunderstorms expected later today and I don't really want to pull a Ben Franklin...

On an unrelated note, I spent this morning looking up a Russian pop singer by the name of Vitas.  I'm intrigued by his voice, which can go several octaves higher than the average man's voice.  Also, in comparison to American pop music (and some British pop I guess) Vitas' stuff is so much better in my humble opinion!
For instance, no electric guitar. (Don't get me wrong, I like guitars of any variety, but it seems like some people think that all they need is a few chords and then they get stardom, fame, vanity, magazines, and my disgust).
He uses a small string orchestra and an accordion in a fashion that just rocks!  If you want a good approximation of what I think is his best song so far, check out "Vitas_Opera #2" on YouTube.  Though I'd reccomend the live version because it sounds a bit better and the music video is admittedly really weird...

Kites and Russian Singers... The thoughts of an odd mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!