Dec 5, 2011

Guitars

Heh, ignore that last post, it was, umm, nonexistant!!! You only imagined it!  That said, what is wrong with you?
Tody is the first day I've straight up enjoyed playing my guitar.  Oh did I mention?  My uncle Keith gave me a guitar.  I used to play, but kinda dropped it in high school (I wasn't all that good anyway) but now I'm picking it up again.
Don't get me wrong, I find it a pleasure to practice almost any time, but it can be a bit tedious sometimes.  However, today I got really into it and made some pretty cool, if not impressively intricate, music.  I was psyched (and am looking forward to playing again once I'm out of classes and have finished my clean check... yikes).  Also I'm sorta kinda developing my own sound, which is pretty nice.  It's sort of a rock influenced indie-folk sound.  The thing is that I rarely like to cover other peoples songs.  I find it useful to know a few songs by other bands, but I really just like to write my own stuff.  I'm even looking into adding lyrics to some of my more developed ones, but all in due time.
When it comes to guitars I honestly have a mixed opinion.  Its a great instrument and I love the sound of a good acoustic guitar, but it kinda bothers me when dudes learn three chords and then go and try to woo women.  It's even more annoying when it works.  And that's why I really don't plan to bring the ol' six string out of any practice environment until I have something to show that has a bit of skill.
Yeah.
Guitars.
Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!