May 30, 2011

It's not even 6 am yet

So far awake from my past slumber
I feel inclined as to wonder
Why I've arisen so early from my bed

What dream is there now forgotten
What thoughts have made sleep ill-gotten
Is my consciousness a product of my head

This is the truth I can't deny
That makes my bed hard in to lie
My leaving so soon makes me sweat and shake

Though specifics are still unclear
I know something so big, so near
Steals my sleep and makes my cold heart ache

Fourteen days from now I go
Fourteen days both fast and slow
Drive me more and more and more to fear

Is it that I'm scared what to learn
Is it for home comforts I yearn
Is it just that my whole life's been here

Do I fear to be a new friend
Will my old friendships end
Will my insecurities simply go away

Can Khail fix what Mack's done
Will past regrets regress to none
Can I make my life change and change to stay

So far awake from my past slumber
I feel inclined as to wonder
Am I the only one who will fret and moan

But sensibility will dictate
I'm not the only one with this fate
And there's some comfort knowing I'm not alone


Sleep deprivation=poetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!