Aug 24, 2010

of COURSE I'm not blogging from work... maybe

Well actually, I'm still getting quite a bit of work done, I can type pretty quickly and all of my jobs are pretty outdated and semi-useless I'm beginning to notice... and I get paid well too!!!  But I like the job really, even if it can be dull.  The coworkers are all cool (though most of them are at least 25 years older than me) and I get a lot of hours.  All of it goes to after-high school life (AKA college and a mission). 

Why can't I grow wings?  I think it's time that my body responded more directly to my concious mind. 

On an semi-related note, I think that the placebo effect needs to be looked into more often in many cases.  The idea that you can only think about doing an excercise for awhile and then having that muscle get stronger?  Awesome!!!! (I tried this myself by imagining doing sit ups for awhile... my abdominals actually felt kinda tired). 
Also is there an anti-placebo effect?  Where you give someone the real pill but tell them it's a fake?  If that worked, it might work against weaker poisons... that would be nice.
Is hypnosis the same as the placebo effect?  I bet they're similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away!